6th Form Colleges, Further Education Colleges & Training Providers
Learning Providers will follow a structure as shown below but adapted to their specific educational setting that includes clear outcome and evidence requirements leading to external assessment and a visit by an Investor in Careers assessor.
Learning Provider demonstrates commitment to careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) and The Quality in Careers Standard.
This forms the initial part of an engagement process to raise awareness and communication with all stakeholders.
Self-assessment by Learning Provider resulting in an action plan to meet the Quality in Careers Standard
Assessment and formal recognition of Commitment by Investor in Careers
Ensuring that the governing body provides clear strategic advice so that the learning provider’s senior leadership team have a clear and effective strategy for developing and implementing the careers programme (taking full account of current statutory duties)
Securing effective day-to-day leadership, management, and delivery of the careers programme by all relevant staff
Promoting awareness and understanding of the careers programme
A written and published policy for CEIAG
A programme of Careers Education is delivered that addresses the career learning needs of each student
- have a planned, organised and differentiated programme of CEIAG to meet individual student learning needs (Gatsby Benchmark 1)
- enable learning from career and labour market information (Gatsby Benchmark 2)
- address the needs of each student (Gatsby Benchmark 3)
- link curriculum learning to careers (Gatsby Benchmark 4)
- provide encounters with employers and employees (Gatsby Benchmark 5)
- provide experiences of workplaces (Gatsby Benchmark 6)
- provide encounters with Further and Higher Education providers (Gatsby Benchmark 7)
- provide Personal Guidance (Gatsby Benchmark 8)
Ensuring that all staff involved in the careers programme – preparing all students for choices, decisions, and transitions – are knowledgeable, skilled, and confident in their CEIAG roles.
The CEIAG programme is systematically monitored, reviewed and evaluated to ensure that CEIAG delivered is effective in meeting the needs of all students.
£1200 + VAT