A national careers strategy and statutory guidance can be key to giving individuals and organisations a clear focus on government policies and priorities. The updated and revised statutory guidance Careers guidance and access for education and training providers January 2018  has been updated to expand on the aim set out in the strategy to make sure that all young people in secondary school get a programme of advice and guidance that is stable, structured and delivered by individuals with the right skills and experience.
To achieve this aim, the careers strategy sets out that every school and academy providing secondary education should use the Gatsby Charitable Foundation’s Benchmarks to develop and improve their careers provision. This statutory guidance has been restructured around the Benchmarks with information on what schools need to do to meet each one as well as strongly recommending schools to use the Quality in Careers Standard (for which Investors in careers is a licensed Awarding Body) to externally assess their career provisions.
The Quality in Careers Standard through the Investor in Careers model is designed as a development and external assessment framework for accrediting the highest quality Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) provision.
Investor in Careers supports learning providers to meet the national Quality in Careers Standard through our unique approach and includes in its structure the key features of the quality assurance cycle structured around four key elements relating to the management of CEIAG.
Commitment, Organisation, Delivery and Evaluation
The preparation, development and evidence of impact resulting from the IiC process leading to external assessment and accreditation will benefit students and key stakeholders and also help to provide independent, objective evidence for inspections.
Why choose to do the Quality in Careers Standard through Investor in Careers?
- Follow a clear framework that is suitable for secondary schools, independent schools, PRUs, colleges and work based learning providers seeking external accreditation that they meet Gatsby Benchmarks and also have embedded best practice in delivering, evaluating and continually improving quality CEIAG
- DfE statutory guidance (January 2018) Strongly Recommends schools achieve a Quality in Careers Award to demonstrate the quality of their CEIAG provision
- Support your preparation for inspections and demonstrate how you are meeting the duty placed on learning providers to ensure students are well prepared for the next stage of their education, training and/or employment
- Benefit from our online portfolio, resources and client support
- Learn from our experienced and occupationally competent assessors and a supportive approach to meeting the Standard
Beyond the Curriculum
Employability support programmes, ensure that students are on clear career pathways. Demonstrated by The Chalfords Community College in the 2017/18 Parliamentary Review, they guarantee that all their students both pre- and post- GCSE are on track in terms of employability support. The Chalfords Community College was awarded the highest level of Investor in Careers award in recognition of their work in preparing young people for work. The College are passionate in ensuring that their students are able to access the range of opportunities that are available. Investor in Careers is instrumental in ensuring that education providers are fully equipped in line with the Quality standard to allow students to access all the available opportunities.